Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Spontaneity


“Being spontaneous is being able to respond with confidence; calmly trusting that, whatever the outcome, you will have a positive if challenging experience that will lead to greater self-awareness and success.”
Sylvia Clare, Trusting Your Intuition: Rediscover Your True Self to Achieve a Richer, More Rewarding Life

 
Up until this point I have been writing my blog posts in chronological order to try to  convey how the onset of my panic attacks has changed my life.  I want to describe who I've met and what I've learned along the way as I search for peace and happiness.

A funny thing happened yesterday on my way home from work.  I ran a few errands and decided to take a longer, scenic route back to my apartment.  I was in a carefree place listening to music and looking at the beautiful landscaping along the back roads.

As I approached the traffic light at Route 10, I had a brief thought that it might be fun to go to the "big" Barnes and Noble about 20 minutes away.  I talked myself out of it saying I really shouldn't buy any new books or magazines.  The strange thing was my head said no but my body turned the car toward the bookstore.  Once I was headed east, it seemed too much trouble to find and make a u-turn.

I love bookstores.  I completely lose track of time when I'm in one and I have been known to close a store from time to time.  I ended up picking out three books and two magazines last night. What really blew me away was the fact that as I sat in my car reviewing my purchases, like a little kid on Christmas morning, I didn't chastise myself.  Rather, I embraced my choices as my mind came up with new ideas for future posts.  Wow!  That was the first time in a really long time that I actually felt creative.  Like I could express my thoughts and feelings.  That someone might actually be moved by the words I chose.  It's both thrilling and frightening.  Yesterday was definitely a blissful day for me!  

 

Magazines I Enjoy Reading

  • Reike News Magazine
  • O The Oprah Magazine
  • Shambhala  Sun
  • Light of Consciousness Journal of Spiritual Awakening
  • Romantic Homes
  • Yoga Journal

The list goes on....

 

What are you reading?

No comments:

Post a Comment