Thursday, May 16, 2013

Groweesha


Why are there so many songs about rainbows  And what's on the other side  Rainbows are visions  But only illusions  And rainbows have nothing to hide
So we've been told   And some choose to believe it  I know they're wrong, wait and see  Some day we'll find it  The rainbow connection  The lovers, the dreamers, and me~ Muppets Rainbow Connection

 




 
I don't remember now exactly how I stumbled on Madeline's website other than to credit fate.  I was exhausted, overwhelmed and knew I needed the perspective of a professional.  Unfortunately, I had tried therapy before .  It hadn't been a pleasant experience for me.  The therapist apparently benefited much more from our sessions than I did.

It was a rainy, numbing January evening.  I had grabbed the first parking space I could  get, leaving a bit of a hike to 811 Main Street.  I had a vague idea where the building might be but wasn't 100% sure.  I periodically looked out from under my umbrella as I walked, to get my bearings.  Then I saw what had to be Growing with the Seasons. The second floor windows actually glowed a warm, inviting, bright yellow.  My nervousness began to ebb.

I couldn't possibly begin to describe Madeline accurately.  Suffice it to say that she's real and lives her truth.  She served me herbal tea that she brewed herself.  I thought that kind of behavior was frowned upon in such situations. She definitely marches to the beat of her own drummer in the best possible way.  I will be forever grateful that I met her when I did.  She helped me get unstuck.

I have absorbed other peoples emotions for as long as I can remember.  It gets dark and painful sometimes.  I knew this about myself.  I thought it was just a negative Pisces personality trait. I use to think some of the people around me were really just big fish in a mud puddle  I didn't realize that I was in that dark, murky water with them, gasping for breath.  Every time I denied my truth I went under a little deeper.  Madeline helped me to see this for myself.  Months later, in a different place, I would learn how to close down.

Each one of us is uniquely different, therefore, what helped me probably wouldn't have the same impact in someone else's life. The point I am trying to convey is think outside the box.  Own your truth.  Try not to allow other people to define who you are.  A combination of  acupuncture, deep conversation, herbal tea and kundalini yoga over a seven month period helped me to stop treading water and start swimming again.  I can breathe sweet, clean air now.

 
How about you?  Are you treading water or swimming toward your dreams?

 

No comments:

Post a Comment